Is Facebook killing real communication?
Aside from being a cute and clever cartoon, there is something deeper here.
On one hand, communication is getting easier and easier, and people are communicating more than ever. On the other hand, the communication that is happening is often more superficial. Some argue that this reduced, truncated communication is impacting, not only our language and the ability to use it correctly, but our society.
What do you think? Are Facebook and social media killing “meaningful” communication?
7 Notes/ Hide
- zachdcox answered: No - Facebook an other communications facilitation technologies enable human intelligence (an attribute of the mind) to emerge.
- woodstock1971 answered: I do agree with this. I hate when someone responds to me in text speak in any form. The English teacher in me, I guess.
- quietstorm1234 likes this
- puzzlert reblogged this from grammarlyblog
- grammarlyblog posted this