This is true for American English. It is common in British English to place the punctuation outside of the quotation marks based on logical clarity.
AmE: Please explain what you mean by “traditional.”
BrE: Please explain what you mean by “traditional”.
11 Notes/ Hide
- mlwjones1 likes this
- 1bridgewoman reblogged this from grammarlyblog
- 1bridgewoman likes this
- khudaya likes this
- anenormousreward likes this
- mrslenderturtle likes this
- youreyeshavealittlegreeninthem likes this
- am4141 reblogged this from grammarlyblog
- syllablesofvelvet likes this
- starsonstars likes this
- grammarlyblog posted this